FARMINGTON, Maine - Senior Emma Martineau scored a pair of goals to help lead the University of Maine at Farmington field hockey team to a convincing 5-1 over Husson University on Thursday afternoon. Classmates Rylie Turner, Torrie Nightingale, and Kyla Sturtevant each scored a goal and Andrea Stemm chipped in with three assists in the victory.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Rylie Turner scored the games first goal less than two minutes in on an assist from Kasey Talarico.
- Husson tied the game on an unassisted goal by Sadie Royer.
- Martineau scored her first, of two goals, on a crossing pass at the top of the circle from Andrea Stemm as the horn sounded for halftime
- UMF scored three times in the second half, Martineau unassisted, Sturtevant, and Nightingale on assists from Stemm.
INSIDE THE BOX
- UMF held a 15-4 advantage in shots and 15-7 in penalty corners
- UMF goalie Grace DiMarco saved one shot to pick up her second win of the season.
- Martineau leads the Beavers with five goals on the season
UMF will enter the NAC/NECC Alliance Field Hockey Championship as the number three seed from the NAC. The Beavers will travel to Husson for a quarterfinal contest date and the time has yet to be determined.