Farmington, Maine – UMaine-Farmington women's basketball fell to New England College on Friday night by a score of 82-61 after a tight first half in North Atlantic Conference (NAC) action in Dearborn Gymnasium.
IN THE BOX
- Three Beavers scored in double digits with Morgan Crocker leading the way with 16 points after shooting 6-13 from the floor. Crocker added four rebounds, two assists, and one steal.
- Cheyenne Malloy added 14 points with four three-pointers while Haley Felkel finished with 13 points with three three-pointers.
- Rene Hudson held the top spot in scoring with 26 points with seven made three-pointers to go along with eight rebounds, three assists, and one steal.
- Daleia Boutwell added a double-double with 17 points and 15 rebounds while Jada Black finished with 10 points and eight rebounds.
- Anoushka Boatswain also added 10 points off the bench and eight rebounds.
BY THE NUMBERS
- UMF shot 38.7% from the floor (24-62), 42.9% from behind the arc (9-21) and 50% at the free throw line (4-8). The Beavers added 16 rebounds, 13 assists, five steals and three blocks while forcing 18 turnovers.
- The Pilgrims shot 52.3% (34-65), 36.4% from three-point land and 66.7% at the charity stripe. New England College notched 54 rebounds, 14 assists, six steals and three blocks while forcing 10 turnovers.
The Beavers will be back in action tomorrow with a 1:00 PM tip-off.
Photography: Jeff Lamb